✅ The Most Important Story Ever Told
As the KmikeyM project enters year 14 in an era of increasing financialization I find myself with some strong opinions.
I was able to tell a lot of my story in the 18 minutes of a TEDx talk, and bits and pieces have come out in Wired, The Atlantic, Playboy, and a handful of podcasts. My ideas have been developed in public, and with some effort one could follow the threads of my evolving thoughts.
But the full story, the ups and downs of living a publicly traded life, the personal and professional costs, and the way it has shaped how I look at the world and what I expect from people isn't something I regularly talk about. And I think it might be the most important aspect of this entire endeavor.
This is a proposal to tell the real and full story of my life as KmikeyM in the most complete way possible (no, not a reality TV show): A book.
This is a daunting and terrifying task, and one I would not expect to be successful if I took it on alone. So, in the style of some of the great book partnerships we've seen throughout history (Lee Iacocca & William Novak, Sam Walton & John Huey, and Ray Kroc & Robert Anderson), this proposal only works by bringing in long-time friend and shareholder Kevin Lincoln.
Kevin is a documentary producer and writer and a former journalist who has written for the New York Times Magazine, GQ, Grantland, VICE, and more. He is good at words and also able to weave a compelling story together from real life events. As a co-author he will lead this project to success!
We will also incentivize Kevin with a series of share grants based on the following criteria:
- secure an agent (written agreement) - 25 shares
- develop and pitch to editors (regardless of success) - 15 shares
- successful pitch (book sold) - 60 shares
- book completed and launched - 200 shares
- advance recouped - 100 shares
- Bonus Structure for Awards, Reviews, Accolades:
- Nobel Prize in Literature - 1000 shares
- Pulitzer - 500 shares
- National Book Award - 500 shares
- Baillie Gifford Prize - 100 shares
- Kirkus Prize - 100 shares
- PEN - 50 shares
- Reese’s Book Club Pick - 100 shares
- Oprah Book Club Pick - 100 shares
- New York Times Review - 50 shares
- Positive NY Times Review - 100 more shares
- Other Notable Reviews - 20 to 50 shares
These milestones and bonuses will not only enrich Kevin, but the entire shareholder community. Just imagine what happens to the share price when we win a Pulitzer!
Update: Kevin and I will split all proceeds and payments 50/50.
54 users voted with 4743 shares
we signed a contract w/ an agent